[Fedora-i18n-list] Displaying Traditional Chinese fonts problem

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 04:43:45 UTC 2004

Hi Folks,

Fedora Core 2
(upgraded from RH8)

I encountered following problem in displaying
Traditonal Chinese fonts correctly.

If I copied a paragraph/text from a Chinese website,
Traditional Chinese, and pasted it to OOo
Writer/Kedit, the Chinese content can display
correctly.  But after saving -> closing -> reopenging
the document the text can't display correctly, only
symbols/codes.  I have Chinese fonts, both Trad and
Simplified installed on the OS, such as Ar Pl Jautum
GB/Big 5, Ar Pl Mingti21 Big5, Ar Pl Sungtil GB,
HanWangfangong medium, etc.  But non of them can work.

Kindly advise how to solve this problem.

TIA.

B.R.
Stephen Liu