[Fedora-i18n-list] IIIMF inpinyin: Punctuations

Ling Li ling at caltech.edu
Tue Feb 24 01:39:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

I didn't get the URL for testing guide (the archived email of "Testers
Required for Next Generation Input Method" doesn't have it) so I might
have done something really naive.

I installed iiimf-server, gtk2, le-inpinyin and packages they required.
Launch gedit, click to select the "IIIMF" input method. A small box with
English appears around the bottom of the gedit window. Ctrl-Space
switches to the Pinyin input. So far so good.

I succeeded in typing some Chinese with this input method. The immediate
awkward thing I found is the input of punctuations. Typing <space> (or
any punctuation keys, I guess) without letters (i.e., no pinyin typed)
put me into an unknown position: Only backspace can get me out. I tried
to use <Escape>, number keys, but the situation just got more wierd.

It seems that more than two input engines for one locale can be
installed. For example, le-inpinyin & le-newpy can be installed together
for simplified Chinese. But I don't know how to pick one of them for gedit.

--Ling