[Fedora-i18n-list] Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)

Lawrence Lim llim at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 00:13:28 UTC 2004

Hi Kohei,

Kohei Yoshida wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In addition to the information I provided in my previous post,
>I've discovered that my locale directory doesn't include a subdir
>named ja_JP.  Here is what I have:
>
>[kohei at hydro im]$ ll /usr/lib/im/locale/
>total 16
>drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Feb 23 12:43 ko_KR
>drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root         4096 Feb 23 12:43 UNIT
>drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Feb 23 12:43 zh_CN
>drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Feb 23 12:43 zh_TW
>
>Does it have anything to do with the problem I'm experiencing?

No it does not have anything to do with the problem you are facing. Very
briefly, /usr/lib/im/locale is the place where LEs keeps their object or
binary (data) files required when the LE loads. It is created during the
installation of LE. So in the case of CannaLE, nothing external is
loaded, so that's why there is no ja_JP dir.

Thanks,
Lawrence