[Fedora-i18n-list] Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Thu Feb 26 20:11:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:25, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Is there any logging facility that I can make use of?

Speaking of logging facility, I've found in my /var/log/messages the
entry

Feb 26 15:04:29 hydro htt_server[16068]: Denied the access from
hydro.garner.mesco.com.

The time corresponds to the time when I tried to open gedit with the
"Can't communicate..." message.  hydro.garner.mesco.com is the hostname
of my workstation.

An attempt to login to port 9010 (assuming that this port is the port
htt_server is listening in) will result in:

$ telnet localhost 9010
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

followed by the same log entry in /var/log/messages as above.

Am I going somewhere? :)

Kohei