[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

Circuit Man dmason at jeckyll.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 2 05:44:40 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 22:18, D M wrote:

> I have tried uninstalling the Sazanami fonts, and re-installing
> ttfonts-ja-1.2-34 without success.  I've also tried reverting back to the
> 11.4-46.svn1587 IIim packages, and of course that didn't affect the
> problem...
>
> Thanks!

OK, somehow uninstalling the original Japanese tt fonts and reinstalling again
did the trick.  So in the end it appears installing the sazanami fonts broke
Japanese truetype fonts for me.

So now I can read Japanese again.

I can't type it yet, but will now re-install the 11.4-60 packages by
themselves like I should have done in the first place & see how that goes...