[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 08:42:22 UTC 2004

DM> OK, I have the 11-4-60 packages installed, am trying to do Japanese input in
DM> English KDE, Fedora core 2:

>> rpm -qa |fgrep iiim
DM> iiimf-client-lib-devel-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-csconv-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-le-canna-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-client-lib-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-x-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-docs-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-protocol-lib-devel-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-gtk-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-emacs-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-protocol-lib-11.4-60
DM> iiimf-server-11.4-60

Please, don't use -60. it has a lot of bugs. if you want to
test IIIMF, please install 11.4-63.svn1772.1 which is
available on rawhide (Fedora Core development). otherwise
use 11.4-46.svn1587 as the stable updated packages.

DM> I can type the above, but cannot see any text in the input window.  Which
DM> makes selecting kanji sort of a guessing game...  I can only see the Japanese
DM> text after I hit return.  The windows appear to behave as they should, but I
DM> just don't see any text until I commit the character.

can you reproduce this on even the above version?
I haven't seen such problem.

Thanks,
--
Akira TAGOH