[Fedora-i18n-list] Traditional chinese and spanish

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 11 10:29:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

AR> Hi everybody!
AR> I'm trying to input traditinal chinese text in a
AR> Fedora core 2 machine with spanish environtment. And I
AR> can't manage it to work.

AR> I created a new user with chinese environtment, the
AR> programs works well, but it was imposible to input any
AR> character in the 3th tone (pinyin): the spanish
AR> distribution of the keyboard seems to put a point when
AR> inputting this tone.

AR> In a full spanish environtment the window of iimf
AR> shows only a few of the characters, and it is
AR> imposible (for me) to input pinyin mode.

Please make sure that you have httx running for non-gtk2
applications. if not, you need to run httx with proper
locale which you want to input the language.
for gtk2 applications, you need to add ImputMethod Switcher
applet (gimlet) from the panel menu instead of running the
applications on the proper locale. and if gimlet doesn't
have the languages which you want to input, please add it
from the preferences on gimlet.
Please look at Input Method Testing Guide, Lawrence shows
you.

AR>                                          Other problem
AR> is that the "ñ" character (the n letter with an ~
AR> above) doesn't work in OpenOffice.org when the iimf
AR> server is on (but it works in others programs). That
AR> very confusing for me.

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/124538

Possibly fixed packages are available on Raw Hide. Please
test it and report your result on bugzilla.

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH