[Fedora-i18n-list] Unable to input Japanese on stock FC2 intall: Can't add "Input Method Switcher"

Lawrence llim at redhat.com
Mon May 24 00:10:53 UTC 2004

Hi Dave,
Check if the applet is running by looking at the processes running.

ps -aux |grep applet

If it is running,

/usr/libexec/gnome-im-switcher-applet
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_imswitcher_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=40

As you are in en_US locale, there are two way you can see the GIMLET.

Method 1:

GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim gedit (or any GTK application)

Method 2:

Right-click mouse in your GTK application and select IIIMF as your Input
Method.

Hope it helps,
Lawrence