[Fedora-i18n-list] Not Working in KDE Apps (on upgrade)

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Sat Nov 27 01:24:41 UTC 2004

Hello!

> user1$ LANG=ja_JP.UTF8 httx &

As you mentioned:
user1$ kedit
Qt: Locales not supported on X server
QInputContext: no input method context available

Please try LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8. UTF-8 is the correct encoding locale.

Because FC3 does not need any customization for IIIMF anymore. (i.e. FC1's
package was the test event and it needs some modifications) My
recommendation if you guys are upgrades to FC3, please follow the
instruction of:

0. Install every required package because older FC and FC3 has a major pkg
(and version) facelift for IIIMF

1. Delete every customization of IIIMF that you have in FC (in
~/.bash_profile, ~/.i18n)

2. Add only one line "LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8" into ~/.i18n

3. # service iiim restart

4. Restart X

morpheus, I think you have done every steps on this, fantastic. The only
think I observed what you have missed is the locale. Do you think it is
good to put this into IIIMF FAQ?

The locale settings and other general queries maybe well warrant into a
seperate FAQ. What do you think?

Hope it helps,
Leon