[Fedora-i18n-list] To generate Simplified Chinese with Cangjie Input Method

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 02:00:41 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

I'm not very experienced in Pinyin Input.  Would it be
possible to apply Cangjie Input generating Simplified
Chinese character.  I recalled the old days when I
worked in M$Windows environment it was possible.

The another feature I am in anticipation to have
'linking Chinese characters for selection', i.e. after
selecting a Chinese character on a Candiate page
another Candiate page will popup with Chinese
characters avialble for further selection.  It will
continue until you close the aforesaid window.  This
feature is available on TwinBridge, RichWin, etc.  I
talked to the leader of Zh_OOo early this year, IIRC,
but could not find a solution.  He told me that it
needed a last database.

If the abovemention feature could not be immediate
available please advise how to convert a Trad Chinese
document to Simplied Chinese promptly/"in time" i.e.
immediate after finishing editing on an email, OOo
doc., etc.

TIA

B.R.
Stephen