[Fedora-i18n-list] May I extend IIIMF to support Vietnamese input method

Tran Anh Tuan lusiads at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:37:40 UTC 2005

I'm a windows developer, new to Unix programming with some skills on C++,
and .NET technology. I'm now studying to port into Unix programming (such as
Fedora).
My first interest is helping Vietnamese people can use easily input
Vietnamese with built-in support.
Vietnamese input method basis on latin-characters and accents. User type an
accent anywhere in a word to put accent for it (for instance, a*s* or
a*1*-> a'; no
* s*i or noi*s* - > no'i) *(o' is an unicode character)*. In general, the
rule is not complicated.
- Every word have can have only one accent.
Anyone idea?
 Sincerelly,