Fwd: Re: [Fedora-i18n-list] keyboard difficulties

John Francis Lee jfmxl at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 11:02:08 UTC 2005

Hello Jens Petersen,

> More details please: what OS and application are you using?
LinuxTLE (Fedora FC3) and Firefox, OpenOfficeTLE, accessories, etc.

> What happens when you press Ctrl-Space in a gtk2-based application
> like gedit, say?
Depends on my locale
 LANG=th_TH
Nothing happens. Same as without typing Ctrl-Space

 LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
Keyboard no longer produces any visible characters, no matter how many
times I press Ctrl-Space. Kill gedit, start again.

 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Same as LANG=th_TH

> What does "printenv | grep iiim" output?
GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim

> -Jens
Thanks for your help.

--