[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jun 28 08:58:05 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 28 juin 2007 10:42, Jens Petersen a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
>>> Not quite sure how this relates to i18n.  Are you proposing
>>> to use it for international input or something?
>>
>> Fixing Fedora input needs switching to evdev someday. It's very
>> likely
>> this switch will unearth bugs in the handling of international
>> keyboards, as most evdev testers probably only use western keyboards
>> (probably not too difficult to fix stuff, but i18n should be ready
>> for
>> the switch)
>
> Ok, I would like to know more - some pointers would be useful.
> Is it closer to kernel kbd handling?

evdev cuts out some translation layers between X and the kernel.
So you're less likely to have different bugsets in the kernel and X,
and switching to evdev will just kill lots of legacy limitations/bugs.

However evdev has not got the test coverage of the currend X kbd
driver, so bugs can still be lurking.

--
Nicolas Mailhot