F9 Feature planning meeting

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 02:57:54 UTC 2007

Hi Ville-Pekka,

Thanks for your mail.

:
> There are a some parts of the Voikko project that I haven't packaged yet:
> Tmispell-voikko is a wrapper around ispell to use Voikko in ispell-compatible
> programs, it also has an enchant component. OpenOffice.org-voikko is an
> OpenOffice extension to support Finnish spellchecking and hyphenation through
> Voikko in OO.o.
>
> Currently I'm a bit busy with other things, but my goal is to get all these
> components packaged for F-9.

Great!

> What do you think, could "Free Finnish
> spellchecking and hyphenation" be an I18N feature for F-9?

It sounds good to me as a potential F9 feature.
(Just to clarify feature proposals will just be Fedora Features
they won't be I18n Features per se - so we are just considering what
features people in the fedora-i18n project want to propose.:)

Are you going to write a feature proposal? :)

Thanks, Jens