Defining Minimum Criteria for I18N Support

Rahul Bhalerao b.rahul.pm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:12:50 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I think the term 'Language Support' has been used in more vague sense
so far (please correct me if I am wrong).  Also there has been a
difference between a language being supported technically and a
language that is supported with all the localization. Thus there has
been a need to define the terms with more clarity. I think it would be
good if we have two different sections for a language support namely,
i18n and l10n.

Recently I have tried to formulate a minimum criteria for a language
to have "I18N Support". The same is documented here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/LanguageSupportCriteria

On the same lines we may even have similar criteria for l10n support.
I would like all to do a little review of the above and provide some
feedback so that we could finalize this.

Thanks,
--
Rahul.
http://b.rahul.pm.googlepages.com/home