scim problem in f8

leemayee leemayee at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Mar 18 06:27:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to report a SCIM problem I encounter in f8.

When SCIM is switched to Zu Yin IM, I found the ordering of
candidates is different as compared to SCIM in FC5, FC6,
and F7. They are no longer in their original number places
and pages.

For example, if I type the character "今", which is the
first candidate in the first page I should see after typing
it, it is not there anymore. It looks like positions of all
candidates are just shuffled. (see attachment)

Below are the scim packages I have:
  scim-1.4.7-7.fc8
  scim-m17n-0.2.2-2.fc8
  scim-tables-0.5.7-3.fc7
  scim-libs-1.4.7-7.fc8
  scim-tables-chinese-0.5.7-3.fc7
  scim-bridge-0.4.14-1.fc8
  scim-chewing-0.3.1-10.fc8

This is a serious problem for Zu Yin users, who is one of
the major IM groups in traditional Chinese. They are not
able to type in Chinese well because they will waste time
looking around for suitable candidates.

Thank you for your attention. Please let me know if I can
help further.
--
Allison Lee
leemayee at yahoo.com.tw