Anyone using transifex?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 22:08:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 07:01:28AM -0700, margie_foster wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Margie,

Although there are several who know Transifex, the person you most
want is Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>.  He is on this list and
will see your email eventually, but feel free to jump right to talking
with him, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

> I am working on the moblin open source project (moblin.org) and we are
> setting up transifex (transifex.net) to use to manage translations. I am
> looking for best known methods, tips, tricks, or other hints on how best
> to utilize this tool.

Good choice!

> Also, I am wondering about how to manage translators who volunteer to do
> work in their language. How do you qualify them? Is it considered bad
> form to solicit translators openly, or should I wait for them to come to
> moblin?

If you haven't seen it, there is also a fedora-trans-list for the L10n
Team in particular, that is another good place to ask this.

I'm an outsider mainly to this process, but I've seen people
recruiting, especially at open source shows, etc.  Perhaps sometimes
there are cultural issues in how to approach people?  Many different
"right ways".

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41