Metadata for the langpack yum plugin

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 03:40:46 UTC 2009

----- "Sean Flanigan" <sflaniga at redhat.com> wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AutoFontsAndMimeInstaller

> We ought to see if we can also use this metadata for associating
> langpacks with their host packages.

That's an interesting idea.

Another option - that might help Ankit's RFE (modulo bandwidth)
would be a xdg autostart script to that runs PK the first time a user
logs in to a locale to request the language support group for that
language.  (That would avoid any changes to gdm.)

> It's just a question of whether we automatically install
> the langpack when installing the app, or when the user runs the app.

Right - YumLangpackPlugin only covers the former currently.

Jens