[Fedora-ia64-list] Problems with Fedora core 4 on itanium.

Erik Jacobson erikj at sgi.com
Wed Aug 17 23:33:27 UTC 2005

> What kernel version is FC4 using?  There was a PCDP fix by David
> Mosberger that went in between 2.6.13-rc3 and -rc4 that cured some
> interesting problems with getting the right console= lines on the
> boot command line.  Exact commit for this change is at:

Thanks for the tip here.  Unfortunately, it didn't pan out.
On my test system, the kernel is at this level: 2.6.12-1.1485_FC5.

I saw in Prarit's mail that there is a slightly newer one available.  I'll
try it for fun in a moment.

Fedora includes patches with these names when building the kernel from
SRPM (among others): patch-2.6.13-rc6 and patch-2.6.13-rc6-git7.

The fix you discuss here is already part of the kernel and can be found
in patch-2.6.13-rc6.bz2.

--
Erik Jacobson - Linux System Software - Silicon Graphics - Eagan, Minnesota