[Fedora-ia64-list] Problems with Fedora core 4 on itanium.

Andreas Hirstius Andreas.Hirstius at cern.ch
Thu Aug 18 15:32:53 UTC 2005

When I use my default kernel parameters the FC4 kernel does boot
properly (on a RHEL4 derivative) and with serial console output (ttyS3
This basicaly means that there is something in the FC4 default settings
that screws up the kernel...

Some tests with slight changes to the FC4 default settings

CONFIG_IA64_UNCACHED_ALLOCATOR is required by CONFIG_IA64_SGI_SN_XP, so you can not simply switch it off if you want the kernel to be generic...

I switched it off, but the kernel still doesn't boot...

When I disable "PnP ACPI support" in addition, I even get the serial console output.

It it also not stuck at the perfmon line anymore (although this could be
from disabling CONFIG_IA64_UNCACHED_ALLOCATOR)

Now I'm trying to figure out why the kernel doesn't find the disks...

Andreas