[Fedora-ia64-list] No Kernel available for ia64

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 18:48:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:00:37PM -0500, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
 > Just talked to Jeremy Katz about this -- it turns out that at some time
 > in the past the ia64 rawhide kernel stopped building.  It was then
 > turned off and hasn't been turned back on.
 >
 > I'll be meeting with Jeremy on Wednesday to get this straightened out.
 > In the meantime, has anyone tried to compile the ia64 rawhide kernel
 > with gcc4?

gcc4 was the exact reason that I disabled the build :-)
If you can fix up the compile, (bonus points if it boots :-)
and send me diffs, I'll reenable it.

It's basically been a lack of time for the non 'tier-1' platforms.
As a result, ia64 & s390 got the chop for the time being.

At some point soon I'll be rebasing to the latest upstream -bk
snapshots again, so getting your gcc4 compile fixes up there would
mean I'll automatically inherit this stuff when I rebase.

		Dave