[Fedora-ia64-list] Re: [Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Fedora-xen-ia64 test status

Akio Takebe wrote:
Hi, Dave and Xen people

Do we need CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP?
Yes, because it highlights bugs like the above.

If we need CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP, we must modify __might_sleep().
No, you must fix ia64 so that it doesn't call down_read with
interrupts disabled.
OK, but I think this is not bug.
I thik this messages are caused by domain scheduler of Xen.
Time slice of domain schedule is longer than HZ. (probably)
Am I right, xen people?

Nope, __might_sleep() is simply called from code paths that
might sleep.  The only reason there's timer code in __might_sleep()
is for printk rate limiting.

You can not call down_read() with interrupts disabled, because
the mutex code might need to sleep.  The code needs to be fixed.