[Fedora-ia64-list] Installing Fedora on MPT Fusion device

Emeric Maschino emeric.maschino at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Feb 9 10:08:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've installed a fresh Fedora Core distribution on Janurary 10th (take a
look at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ia64-list/2006-
January/msg00004.html) on my hp workstation zx6000 that sports a MPT
Fusion device. I didn't remember for sure, but at this time, I think it
was still a 2.6.14 kernel. However, I'm currently running up-to-date
Fedora Core (well, just before the "massive build" was announced) with
kernel-2.6.15-1.1909_FC5 without a problem. Are sure that your boot.img
and initrd.img are synchronized? I experienced the same problem as you
in the past: it was due to boot.img and initrd.img having different
kernel symbol versions.

	Émeric