Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] generating images

I'm not trying to mix kernel versions and modules, I'm trying to use a
kernel with an additional option turned on. I built a new kernel from
the src rpm but I am unable to generate the ramdisk required by the
installer. The installer tries to mount the initrd image supplied as /
which suggests to me that it may require its initrd image to have more
than simply modules. And indeed, when I tried to use an image generated
with the mkinitrd command (which contains only modules), the installer
would not boot claiming it had failed to mount /.
What version of Fedora are you rebuilding in?

P.