[Fedora-ia64-list] Re: [RFC] enable xen-ia64 in fedora kernel cvs

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 20:49:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:40:03PM -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
 > This patch enables xen-ia64 support in the fedora kernel.  It applies
 > to the cvs tree checked out according to the instructions at
 > http://people.redhat.com/davej/
 >
 > This is *nearly* ready to be applied.  AFAIK, the only nagging issue
 > is that it doesn't boot because of the hypervisor/kernel mismatch.
 > (Full description of the problem at
 > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ia64-list/2006-June/msg00026.html)
 >
 > To fix this for the moment, I think all that needs to happen is for
 > Juan to generate a new linux-2.6-xen.patch from the linux-2.6.tip-xen
 > repository, and then take a new snapshot of the hypervisor from
 > xen-unstable.  That should bring the two into near enough proximity
 > for ia64 to boot again.

Yeah, the daily -git rejects got the better of me yesterday, so I disabled
xen builds whilst that gets worked out.

There's another larger problem right now - the signed modules code is broken
for some reason, resulting in kernels that don't boot.  Fixing that is
my priority right now.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk