[Fedora-ia64-list] RE: Xen in Fedora-ia64

Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) dan.magenheimer at hp.com
Tue May 2 17:59:59 UTC 2006

 > > Hmmm... I'm not at all clear on what you mean here.  What bits
> > are you grabbing that cause this problem?  Building Xenlinux/ia64
> > from xen-unstable and xen-3.0 is done with "make world" (using
> > the existing Xen sparse mechanism).  Dozens of people are using
> > this successfully.  I suspect you are trying some build tree or
> > mechanism that nobody else (in the xen-ia64 community) has tried,
> > so I guess it is no surprise if it is broken. :-}  We would be
> > happy to fix it but need more info to understand the problem.
> >
> > Perhaps you are referring to the fact that some Xenlinux/x86
> > build directories are mv'd aside when building Xenlinux/ia64?
> > If so, that can be fixed...  I think it would only be a problem
> > if you tried to "make world" Xen+Xenlinux/x86 and Xen+Xenlinux/ia64
> > in the same source directory (e.g. over NFS from both an x86 and
> > ia64 boxen).
> >

> Dan -- I'll give it a shot with the latest and greatest sources this
> week and (of course) will keep you informed if there are any issues.

Great, thanks!  Assuming my conjecture above is correct, if you
have problems you may want to look at
-sparse/arch/ia64/xen-mkbuildtree-pre.
This is an old hack that may be causing your build problems that
we are now trying to get cleaned up.  See:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-05/msg00098.html