[Fedora-ia64-list] failed installation of rawhide 20060425

Aron Griffis aron at hp.com
Wed May 10 11:58:27 UTC 2006

Prarit Bhargava wrote:  [Wed May 10 2006, 06:44:53AM EDT]
> It looks like he's using the 20050425 (yes, I'm still embarrassed about
> the date) ISOs that I put up.  I tried these and didn't see any sort of
> problems with the install.  I'll see if I can dig up an rx2620 or
> something equivalent ...

I can report success now, using the 20050425 iso images.  :-)

Here are my notes:

- Installation via NFS method always fails.  According to anaconda,
  some rpms aren't found, but I suspect the real problem is an error
  in the loopback mounting.

- Installation via text always fails.  The python problem I mentioned
  earlier in this thread appears, regardless of the installation
  method (NFS, http, CD-ROM, etc).

- Installation via VNC works.  I don't have a graphics head on this
  machine, but using VNC allows anaconda to avoid the problematic
  routines.  For my installation, I used askmethod with http, but
  I suspect any method other than NFS-based iso images would work.

Regards,
Aron