[Fedora-ia64-list] hald unaligned access

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 11:24:22 UTC 2006

Zhang, Yanmin wrote:
> When booting machine, hald causes unaligned access. As a
> matter of fact, it's a bug because sizeof(len) is only
> defined as 4 bytes, but getline of glibc looks it as 8 bytes,
> so the next variable might be erased.
>
> Below patch fixes it.
>
> Prarit,
>
> Could you accept it into FC?

Absolutely :)  Thanks :)

> BTW, I built kernel 2.6.17-1.2630 and kernel also printed unaligned access
> in function unmap_single. I will check it tomorrow.
> As for other memory bugs when installing FC, I couldn't reproduce them here.

Doug Chapman, dchapman at redhat.com, is chasing some of the unaligned
access messages in BZ 198572.

I've added your patch (thanks!) to BZ 198573.

Yanmin -- it's probably a good idea for you to get an RH BZ account ...
that way you can add and comment on bugs as you please ;)

P.