[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Dec 11 01:01:41 UTC 2007

As I said, it comes down to just doing it. A clean F7 release was not
unrealistic. Nor is a clean F8 release.

Heck, debian can roll stable production ia64 bits, and RedHat can roll
stable production ia64 bits.

The Fedora team makes a commitment to it's users, that the Fedora ia64
team really needs to get on board with:

	from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

	"The operating system is Fedora. It comes out twice a year or so.
	It's completely free, and we're committed to keeping it that way.
	It's the best combination of robust and latest software that exists
	in the free software world.

	"The mindset is doing the right thing. [...]"

There is absolutely no reason stoping Fedora 8 on ia64 from also being the
best combination of robust and latest software that exists in the free
software world on ia64 either.

If it's nonsense to expect that Fedora ia64 can not be production with
the same kernel and packages, somebody really needs to explain why the
Fedora ia64 project refuses to accept this commitment.

All that is really lacking, and I quote again:

	"The mindset is doing the right thing."

Let people help you, commit to test, commit to excellence.

John