[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Wed Dec 19 10:23:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 11:14 -0500, Doug Chapman wrote:

> I am doing a full build of the rawhide tree so we are up to date on
> this.  I am devoting this full week to fedora stuff (unless someone
> drags me into an unforseen RHEL issue).  Expect a list to be posted in a
> day or two.  If you can send me the list from your script that would be
> helpful also (more data is a good thing).

Since java-1.7.0-icedtea has removed the ExclusiveArch statement, I
removed the package from the arch excluded packages and the input of
this script. The result is that the amount of packages in the list which
depends on the arch excluded packages is down to just 6 ...

Another finding is that the current thetango might not be very suitable
for the task like generating the list D. Since it gather build requires
by the command 'rpm -qp --requires <srpm>'. This command seems could not
handle '%ifnarch' and things like. When query xen, we got 'dev86' as
it's build require. But in fact, the statement in xen.spec is

%ifnarch ia64
# so that x86_64 builds pick up glibc32 correctly
BuildRequires: /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h
# for the VMX "bios"
BuildRequires: dev86
%endif

Prarit,

To generate build order of packages might not need to handle these. But
would you consider to handle these in thetango?

BTW, do we have a schedule about F9T1?

Thanks,
Yi

==================== 6 packages failed with dependency issues ====================
PACKAGES			DEPS

libtasn1                        valgrind
hugs98                          prelink
openoffice.org                  prelink
gengetopt                       valgrind
ppl                             gprolog
alleyoop                        valgrind