[Fedora-ia64-list] Re: The 5th bar of ide controller at legacy mode

Alan alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 19:24:01 UTC 2007

> Which sounds sort of plausible ... but perhaps that's because I have
> not idea what a "Class code programming model" is.  Does that make
> any sense?

I think they are talking about BAR0 to 3 which are special, not BAR5
which the ia64 kernel code has somehow ended up assigned at I/O address
zero. Now whether that is a BIOS/Linux confusion, a BIOS mis-setup or
something weird that happened post BIOS to OS handover I don't know.

I know a similar PPC problem was really about the firmware assigning it
to zero to mean "not assigned" and the OS interpreting that as Bus
address 0, assigned.

Alan