[Fedora-ia64-list] (Very Rough) Build How To

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 17:09:19 UTC 2007

The following assumes some general knowledge of Fedora and that you know
where
to download sources, etc., for the OS.  If you do not know where to find
such
things first use Google(tm) and then email me with any followup questions.

For (a lot) of information on mock, see

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/MockTricks?action=show&redirect=Extras%2FMockTricks

1.  Building F7 from scratch:

The base system used was an SGI 3700bx2 64p/128G.  I had started with
F7-test4
installed.

a) download F7 source
b) Execute buildit script.  This script uses 'rpmbuild --rebuild' to
build the
rpm set.  This will (attempt to) build all of F7.  A lot of manual
intervention
is required.

After each build, a file containing the names of all the packages that
did not
build, didnotrawbuild, is available in /tmp.  This file can be used to
construct a new $path with the packages that did not build.

Repeat this step until you're satifified that all possible RPMS are built.

Note: in the F7 dir,

didnotbuild contains SRPMS that would not compile.
notinia64 contains SRPMS that are noarch'd for ia64
needed_for_70 contains additional "Everything" SRPMS that were required to
build packages in F7.

c) Use pungi (available in Everything) to rebuild the F7 distro.  This will
result.  pungi config files are in F7/logs/pungi.

2.  Building EXTRAS

Install F7. :)

Now that you have a system with F7, you can use mock & the mockbuild script
to build _all_ the RPMS.

a) download Everything source
b) execute the mockbuild script.  This script used 'mockbuild
--autocache' to
build.  Information on autocache'ing can be found at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/MockTricks?action=show&redirect=Extras%2FMockTricks

Repeat this step until you're satisfied that all possible RPMS are built.

I have not yet used koji + mock + pungi.  When the build farm gets
up-and-running, Tim Yamin will configure those systems to do just that :).

I also did not get a chance to try out Matt Domsch's mock scripts.
Hopefully
I'll find sometime to try those out.

P.