[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Thu Nov 22 08:34:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 10:49 -0500, Doug Chapman wrote:
> Fedora 8 for ia64 release notes
> 11/19/2007 - Doug Chapman
>
> This release was built from the SRPM packages from the Fedora 8 release.
> Users should refer to those release notes for general issues as these
> notes only refer to issues specific to the ia64 build.  This was a manually
> built release.  We hope for this to be the last Fedora-ia64 release that
> is done manually and future releases will be done as part of the Fedora
> secondary architecture project.

Thanks for your work :) I have installed it on my tiger box successfully
(in text mode), most of things worked fine. But the GUI install method
didn't work, it seems that X server didn't start normally so I had no
chance to see the X window yet. I will try to locate this one and post a
detailed description later.

> * Missing packages:
> Some packages from Fedora do not currently build on ia64.  For some
> packages this is expected as they are x86 specific but there are
> several other base packages that currently have build failures on
> ia64 which are being investigated.  Because of this after an install
> you may notice that several packages were installed with unsatisfied
> dependencies.  The known packages from a base install that are missing
> are:
> 	mono
> 	libXxf86dga
> 	perl(BSD::Resource)

> * no xen virtualization
> There are ia64 build failures on the xen and libvirt packages so this
> release does not currently support xen.  This will hopefully be resolved
> in an update package.

I have filed BZs for libXxf86dga and xen issues several days ago
(#375981 and #353821 respectively), but seems both were ignored. Are the
issues of the two packages in this release the same ones?

And I noticed that the bug described in #350941 (Wrong entry in fstab)
by George still exists.

One more question :) Does the build issue of perl stuff still exists?

Thanks,
Yi