[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Mon Nov 26 14:29:42 UTC 2007

	John,

	Interesting, looks like something funny is happening with the pvm
	package.  Have you tried this package on other arches?  Just wondering
	if this is an ia64 only issue.

	- Doug

Over the weekend I broke off several machines from my Pentium/Xeon cluster and
installed F8 i386 without any issues. I also reinstalled the 5 ia64 machines with
corrupted rpm databases, as rpm --rebuilddb just crashed too.

In reinstalling, I specifically selected the lam and pvm packages, only to notice
after the install that they were not present again -- something of a suprise that
anaconda would quitely drop requested packages from the install.

John