[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 10:52:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 12:18 -0500, Doug Chapman wrote:
> There were several X server packages that failed to build.  I am
> guessing that this may be why X doesn't start on your system.  I have
> not had a chance to look into why they don't build yet.

A small finding about this:

After install, the default /etc/xorg.conf contains below content

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

The X server can started normally by changing the value of "Driver" to
the correct one, which is "ati" to me.

In fact, the weird thing is that many drivers is missing in the
stage2.img. The directory <stage2>/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ only
contains one driver "vesa_drv.so". Since the xorg.conf seems to be
generated at stage2 by using pyxf86config, I guess this is why the
string 'Driver "vesa"' appears in the default config file. We do have
the 'ati' and many other drivers built in "everything", but pungi just
refused to add them to the stage2.img.

Do you have any idea why this happen?

Thanks,
Yi