[Fedora-ia64-list] Re: FW: [Intel-linux] Internal Fedora 8 mirror?

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 18:05:06 UTC 2007

Rob,

FYI, I am cc'ing fedora-ia64-list at redhat.com where most of the related
discussions are happening.  I suggest subscribing since you have
interest in Fedora on ia64:

I just recently released F8 for ia64.  You can find the release notes
here:

http://free.linux.hp.com/Fedora-ia64/F8-ia64-release-notes.txt

Currently I have been doing builds manually with some hacked up scripts
that build packages under mock.  The longer term plan is to have the
builds automatically done on a nightly basis.  We are primarily waiting
for the fedora "secondary architecture" infrastructure to be in place.

The current F8 bits are somewhat incomplete due to some packages that do
not currently build on ia64.  Most of the missing packages are
Xorg/gnome/kde related so if you install using a serial console only (as
I typically do) it is still very usable.  The area where we could use
the most help is in identifying what packages are needed and why they
don't build.

I need to get a list of known issues organized so we know what the
status is as well as who is working on what so we don't duplicate
efforts.  Currently I am pretty well tied up with RHEL5 work so that may
not happen for a couple weeks.  In the meantime I suggest discussing
issues on fedora-ia64-list at redhat.com.

- Doug