[Fedora-ia64-list] updated Fedora 8 ia64 iso available

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 12:56:23 UTC 2007

John L. Bass wrote:
> 	> The DVD iso can be found at:
> 	> http://free.linux.hp.com/~drc/Fedora-7.92.1-ia64-DVD.iso
> 	>
>
> 	Doug, I'll up this to the oss.sgi.com website as well.
>
> 	P.
>
> Thanks Prarit,
>
> I pulled the SGI Test3 down, and got a different SHA1SUM from
> Doug's copy. What's the correct chksum's for these iso's?
>
> 	[jbass at FastBox tmp]$ sha1sum Fedora-7.92.1-ia64-DVD.iso
> 	b42e01941dcd64ffcfab67638a99025f5e6b8aaa  Fedora-7.92.1-ia64-DVD.iso
>
> With the SGI iso, I can not get past disk partitioning with the
> DELL 3250 (SR870BH2) system.

That's really odd.  I'll ask Doug to recalc a checksum.  Maybe something
happened during the scp over to oss.sgi.com ...

> Anaconda dies shortly after installing a partition table when it
> see's a "zeroed" disk (dd if=/dev/zeros of=/dev/sdb bs=10M count=100)
> Right after responding to the dialog box.
>
> Dies in the same place without the dialog box next boot.
>
> I think the anaconda critial error is Attribute error, 'WideCheckList' object
> has no attribute convert_widget_to_bin_window_coords

Okay -- I think when Anaconda dies it gives you the option of
"debug"ging Anaconda.  When you do that (again IIRC) it also gives you
the option of saving the output.  Could you do that and enter in a BZ?

Of course, I'm assuming your network is running by the time you hit this
error.

> What's the current magic for mounting a usb pen drive for log files
> to bug report this stuff ... what files should be extracted for the
> bug report?

John, I think 'sysreport' is installed by default.   You can run
'sysreport' on the command line and this will generate a file that you
can attach to the BZ.

P.