[Fedora-ia64-list] Fedora ia64 "everything" repo and build scripts available

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 21:16:05 UTC 2007

All,

I have had a few requests to share notes and scripts I used to build
Fedora ia64.  I now have those posted at:

http://free.linux.hp.com/~drc/Fedora/build_tools.tar.gz

See the README and more importantly the Fedora-build-notes.txt files in
the tar for all the details.

I plan on adding to the notes, currently it does not cover using pungi
to actually build the installable image however the config file I used
for pungi is there so you may be able to figure that out from the pungi
man page.

I have also uploaded my full repo of everything I have been able to
build.  Please use the "mirrorlist" and don't reference the repo
directly as we plan on mirroring this at least at SGI and possible other
sites as well.  (if you have a location where you can mirror this that
would be appreciated).  I have uploaded a yum repo file you can use to
point to this.  Copy this repo file to your /etc/yum.repo.d/

http://free.linux.hp.com/~drc/Fedora/fedora-ia64-devel.repo

The repo currently contains:
	F8-latest/ - stuff I built from the recent Fedora source
	prebuilt/ - critical packags built on RHEL5.1 or manually hacked
	F8-perl/ - perl packages manually built or copied from x86

The "prebuilt" and "F8-perl" repos will disappear once the needed
packages can be built under Fedora.

Feel free to contact me with questions via email or on IRC on FreeNode
#fedora-ia64.

- Doug