[Fedora-ia64-list] rawhide-ia64 status

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Wed Jul 16 13:53:36 UTC 2008

Anaconda still fails when trying to read repo data under text mode
install, just after formatting hard disks. It said "Could not retrieve
mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=ia64" then
failed. It appears that anaconda doesn't assign value to repo.baseurl
correctly. No matter what url was given as the anaconda option
"repo=<url>" or "method=<url>", or what install method (http, ftp, nfs)
and location were specified, the repo.baseurl is NULL when anaconda
looking for the repodata. So it tries to use the default mirror list
setting instead, and fails on boxes behind firewall. This issue seems
not platform related.

I will see how to fix this.

Yi