[Fedora-ia64-list] Too many subdirectories under /mnt/koji/work/tasks/

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Mon Jun 9 14:45:28 UTC 2008

Hi Doug,

I hit the error "exceptions.OSError: [Errno 31] Too many links:
'/mnt/koji/work/tasks/75012'" hundreds times today when catching up with
x86's dist-f10. See
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=418705,
http://ia64.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=75003.

It seems the cause of this is that the number of subdirectories under
/mnt/koji/work/tasks is approaching the limit (~32k). So the file system
refused to create new directory under /mnt/koji/work/tasks and then we
failed to launch any task on koji. I have created a new directory
/mnt/koji/work/tasks.old and move the oldest ~2.4k directories there to
work around this issue. The side effect is that logs of these old tasks
are no longer available on the koji's web interface (e.g.
http://ia64.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=102) but seems
it's same on x86 (e.g.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=365824). Please let
me know if there are better solutions for this.

Thanks,
Yi