[Fedora-ia64-list] ia64 nfs install error

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 01:20:13 UTC 2008

Paul,

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 01:03 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I tried to do an ia64 install using the netinstall image. It boots
> fine, and partitions things, does the networking, accepts the install
> url of http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/9/
> and starts X but then dies on:
>
> Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> anaconda-Fedora-200806271112.ia64. Please verify its path and try
> again.

I have noticed that in F9 anaconda doesn't check if you give it a bad
url like it used to.  It doesn't complain until the install fails when
it cannot find the needed files.

You should use this URL for the install:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/9/Fedora/ia64/os/

Let us know if you run into any other issue.

- Doug