[Fedora-ia64-list] builder update

Dennis Gilmore ausil at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 4 13:50:22 UTC 2008

Hey all,

So right now we have gotten the cyclades connected to the consoles.  however
the machines are not configured for serial console.  ia64-3 seems to somewhat
be setup for serial console.  however all i can get is � on ia64-3, ia64-2  is
up  however I do not have an account on it and ia64-1 is also up,  and i have
switched out the certs  so that it uses fedora's new ca for user auth.  I will
try and get the person who is physically there to help with ia64-3  and
hopefully ill get an account on ia64-2  to make sure its ok

I would like to get some specs on the systems.  is it possible to get ipmi
cards for them?  what can be done to make them easier to remotely manage?

I want to take this opportunity to once again say that Fedora doesn't have the
resources for hosting the buildsystem.  and there is not someone at the colo
where they are hosted.  I have managed to be given access to the PDU's and
cyclades that they are plugged into.  and will help where i can.  Any request
for help should have a ticket filled at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-
infrastructure/ and we will do our best to help.  the servers are on Red Hats
network and in Red Hats racks.  but fedora has the access to help maintain
them.

We have been very clear that fedora doesn't have the resources to host servers
for build systems for secondary arches.  I would like to know what the plan is
for hardware going forward.

Dennis