[Fedora-ia64-list] content removed from cowboyhatlinux.org site

Dave Bowman ia64dave at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:34:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Luck, Tony <tony.luck at intel.com> wrote:

>  Presumably it was the "hat" part that they objected too?  So choose
> something
> that is as far from a hat as possible, but still cowboy themed: "cowboyboot
> Linux"?
>
> Only similarity with "redhat" is that both end in the letter "t" ... the
> world will officially
> be crazy if the lawyers deem that to be infringing :-)

I agree, but as an individual I don't have a good way to defend myself
against Red Hat and their team of lawyers.

> How does version control in Fedora work?  If you heard a rumor that fedora
> was building,
> installing and booting on x86 on some particular day: could you find out
> what versions
> of each package they used and replicate the setup? Or is it just a
> crapshoot and you
> get the latest of everything, so you take your chances that it wasn't
> broken between
> it working on x86 and you starting your build?

In theory this would be possible but very difficult.  Individual packages
are versioned so if you knew what version of anaconda worked you could try
that.  I honestly don't have the time to put quite that much effort into
this.

On another note.... you work for Intel right?  I had hear that Intel had
been looking into hosting the koji server so we could have a _real_ Fedora
ia64 again.  Do you know anything about that?

Dave