[Fedora-ia64-list] scripts to build fedora for ia64

Doug Chapman doug.chapman at hp.com
Tue Feb 17 18:49:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 13:40 -0500, Dave Bowman wrote:
> Thanks for the scripts, will give them a go.  One quick question
> however, do we really need the debug packages from the F9 release as
> it says in the README?
>
> Dave

Actually, if all you are doing at the moment is experimenting with the
scripts you can get away without the debuginfo.  You will need those
packages later on when you go to building a full installable tree (which
is not yet documented but comming soon).  The reason for that is the
scripts are only going to build the changed packages, the unchanged
packages will be grabbed from the F9 tree and you will need those
debuginfo packages at that stage.

However, now that I think about it a better way to go might be to just
have pungi (the tool that makes an installable tree) grab the needed
debuginfo packages at that time.  This way we would not be downloading a
bunch of packages we would  never actually use.

So, yes, you are right, don't grab the debug packages.

And good question!  Made me think of something I had not considered!

- Doug