R: [Fedora-ia64-list] scripts to build fedora for ia64

Doug Chapman doug.chapman at hp.com
Tue Feb 17 22:46:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 22:20 +0100, Bettoni Fabio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> nice to read news in this mailing list.
>
> Maybe I'm a bit visionary, but could be nice to have yum to update system from binary rpms but also from source rpms as option, maybe in F11 or F12.
>
> Fabio

We did have this all set up for F9.  All F9 bits are on mirrors and are
registered in mirror manager so a 'yum install' works just fine.  You
could even update to the last rawhide that was built if you enable the
development repo (however those bits are untested).

We just need to make sure we get F10 bits onto the
secondary.fedoraproject.org site.

Since we are building outside of koji and the normal fedora build system
not sure of the technical/political hurdles we will need to jump
through.

If someone (who has to be someone other than me) is successful in
building F10 for ia64 I would appreciate if they could make those bits
available to the world.

Dave, you seem to have interest and hardware to do building.  Do you
also have a public web site you can make your builds available on?

- Doug