[Fedora-ia64-list] scripts to build fedora for ia64

Dennis Gilmore ausil at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 19 18:29:08 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 09:09:35 am Doug Chapman wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 17:42 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > >
> > > Dennis,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the list, will include these packages in my blacklist file.
> > >
> > > Can I get a copy or at least the pointer the the script?  I would like
> > > to have all the info needed to generate the info documented in the
> > > README file so that this is useful for other arches as well.
> >
> > it is attached.  it lives inside fedora infra  since you need access to
> > all srpms to run it.  it will be running monthly and sending the list to
> > secondary arch teams
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
> > I had a look at your script.  one big lacking thing is the ability to
> > build for multiple arches. ie if i was to bootstrap sparc and sparc64.
>
> My thought was it is pretty trivial to change ia64 to another arch in
> the config file.  If I get my other todo items finished I might add a
> --arch command line to do this automatically.
for a single arch it is ok.  but some arches need 2  and need to be kept in
sync.  then there are packages then need building for multiple subarches.
generally glibc and openssl  though they are small and could be manually done.

I think a good way to attack the problem would be to create chains to build in
koji.   use kojis api to see whats already built and setup and manage chain
builds to get bootstrapped.

s390 and s390x, sparc and sparc64.

where there are 32 and 64 bit variants.

Dennis