[Fedora-ia64-list] web site for fedora-ia64 rpms

Dennis Gilmore ausil at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 20 18:02:23 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 07:09:57 am Doug Chapman wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 18:22 -0500, Dave Bowman wrote:
> > It sounds like one of the big issues facing the project is having a
> > place to post the ia64 rpms once they are built.
> >
> > So, in the interest of getting things done I went to lunarpages (heard
> > good things about them) and for a whopping $4.95 a month we now have:
> >
> > http://cowboyhatlinux.org/
>
> Cool!  Yes, I think having a site to host bits is very helpful.
>
> > been thinking about creating a public web server for my own use anyway
> > and lunarpages gives unlimited disk/bandwidth so I figure I can use
> > this for ia64 bits as well.  I didn't want to put "fedora" in the name
> > since I don't know what the rules are regarding using fedora's name.
> > (can someone point me to any info on this?)
>
> I think not using fedora in the url is a good idea.  I am not sure of
> all the "official" rules but as Dennis mentioned in an earlier mail we
> can't call it "Fedora".  I think the recommended thing to say is "based
> on Fedora".
you can call it fedora if you follow the correct policies and procedures.
like i said the idea of the scripts is excellent to boot strap things and get
up to speed.  then use koji-shadow to keep koji in sync with fedora.

Its pretty simple.  You need somewhere to run a public koji  and someone/
group of people to do the work needed.

Dennis