[Fedora-ia64-list] The other distro?

Zoran Popović shoom013 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:42:43 UTC 2009

Ok, I have made a successful HVM DomU on an ia64 BL370c RHEL5.3 (evaluation)
instance, booting from FC SAN, wtih Windows ia64 guest. Fine. I would be
happy to repeat this achievement on Fedora 9 ia64 ... not an easy job,
harder than I expected. I have tried to rebuild xen and kernel-xen from
xenbits.xensource.org, but I have got this ld error 2 after make world /
dist even though I have met requirements (development libraries, tools,
etc). I have some resulting kernel and I have tried to boot Dom0 making
appropriate initrd, but no luck (it is stuck somewhere after detecting usb
devices, I can attach dmesg if someone is interested). I suspect that F9
kernel 2.6.25 is making significant difference when building xen Dom0 which
is based on 2.6.18, but I haven't got enough experience and time to
investigate. Did anyone try anything similar ?
ZP.