R: R: [Fedora-ia64-list] Updating glibc

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 18:58:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 19:46 +0100, Bettoni Fabio wrote:
> I had success booting from "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant)".
>
> How can extract glibc rpm using an old rpm-4.3.3-7_nonptl ?

You won't be able to do the new updated glibc (for the same reason as it
failed before, that version of rpm won't know how to install it) but you
can grab the original F10 version of glibc and install with this
procedure:

You should be able to:

mount your CowboyHat installation on /cowboyhat
download the original F10 version of glibc from:
http://www.cowboyhatlinux.org/pub/cowboyhat/linux/releases/10/Core/ia64/os/Packages/
(you will probably need glibc-common, glibc-headers and possibly
glibc-devel also)

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage --root=/cowboyhat glibc-2.9-2.ia64.rpm

- Doug