[fedora-india] Virtualisation Workshop and Installfest completed successfully at Taqneeq`2008

Debjit Saha dkd903 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 21:12:02 UTC 2008

I (Debjit) and Aravind (Redhat) had been to the techfest of NMIMS
engineering college here in Mumbai(India) on behalf of Fedora Project.
We conducted two sessions there.

On day one, Arvind demonstrated how easily virtualisation can be
achieved on a Fedora Linux distro using the latest Fedora 10. The
response from the students was overwhelming.

On day two, I (debjit) conducted an installfest right on the campus.
We distributed around 30 Fedora 10 Live CDs and 20 Fedora 10 DVDs and
some Fedora Badges. The Installfest attracted many students and many
laptops were Fedora 10 enabled after the completion of the
installfest. I also demonstrated various features of Fedora 10 to the
students there.

Pictures of the event coming up soon. ty.

cheers,
Debjit